Sunday 11 August 2024

Memories in the mid-morning air

 


The banshee wail

of sirens fills the air.

Snapping me back.

I stare into your face.

Compressions, making

no impression,

I collapse inside.

A part of me dies,

as I see the sunlight fade

in that mid-morning haze.

My heart, 

ripped open,

spouts out over

the roadside,

and I know it's over,

nothing will ever be the same.

 

I thought we had forever.

It only ever happens to others.

I've seen death,

held his bony hand tightly in mine,

when my own life sat in his,

but I never knew

his calloused fingers

would brush someone

so close to me. I wasn't ready,

but there is never a right time.

 

Now, whenever I look over

at that space,

I don't see the look on your face,

I don't feel the cold embrace,

or the bony fingers

gripping me, pulling me away.

I see memories, of what was

and will always be.

The true stories

of you and me. Family.

Love and honesty.

I see you looking over at me,

and I wave, hoping that you

are proud of who I've come to be.

 

 

 



Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff


You can find my New book
"Tales from the 44A"
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/

Please buy a copy to help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *