Sunday 18 August 2024

Long disconnected

 


0116 2778407

Why I remember this

heaven only knows.

I barely ever

had to ring it.

Disconnected

so long ago.

 

But it's there

taking up space

upon my limited 

brain shelves.

 

I barely ever rang it,

why would I need 

to phone myself after all?

I can talk to myself anytime

without a call.

And I do. Constantly.

Long laborious conversations 

trying to find connections,

looking over past recollections, 

blending reality and fiction

in strange concoctions,

before even I’ve become

sick of my voice

and I decide to leave the room.

 

There are other

numbers lodged

on those shelves.

Long since retired,

but still the brain elves

bring them back.

 

I've cleared space

and dusted,

but these numbers

keep replacing

the important things

I'd put in place.

Taking up space

like boats upon

my brain waves.

 

These digits fidget

then leap from their rest,

just there, I think, to impress

that I still have the mental faculties

to pluck a number

from 30 years ago.

So pray tell me. 

Oh wonderous brain,

Why the fuck, can't I 

remember a name

I only learnt a minute ago?

Why can't my memory contain

moments from yesterday's show?

Why is that like searching 

for a teardrop

in a down pour of rain?

 

 

 



Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff


You can find my New book
"Tales from the 44A"
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/

Please buy a copy to help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *