Tuesday 13 August 2024

Heart on my skin

 


I’d lay just like

a moonlit river

for you to gaze into.

I'd hold your reflection

upon my surface.

That perfect view,

I'd take it with me

wherever my waters flow,

like a photograph

stored in my liquid memory,

to look upon

when the tides

leave me low, nearly empty.

 

I'd stand proud like a tree,

your name scratched

in a heart on my skin.

My leaves would blow free,

rustling away, to become

a scenic autumn pathway,

but I'd stay forever and a day,

always waiting for you

to sit shaded by me.

 

I'd tower like a mountain,

in the distance, for you.

So, you are able to look and glance,

to always have a landmark

to guide, if you get lost

amongst the weeds

that advance.

For you, I'd beam

like the moon,

to show the glistening pathways

of a winter day,

the fountains of spray

that dance from each

single drop of rain.

 

I'd show you miniscule riverways

between the droplets. I’d show tears

falling down a face

and landing on a page,

in great lakes. Ripples surging

the atmosphere,

clearing the hurt from here,

clearing any sense of fear.

I'd be the air, giving a warm hug,

to always hold you near.

 

 

 



Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff


You can find my New book
"Tales from the 44A"
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/

Please buy a copy to help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *