Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Fall

 

Life rushed out of me,

a tidal flood,

waving as

my cliffsides

breached.

 

Blood on sand.

Heart in hand.

 

I closed my eyes,

asleep for weeks.

 

As the dreams of peeling skies

collapsed into worlds that split

my atoms, casting them to all corners,

I saw wonders - so many worlds uncovered.

 

Snapshots of history,

both past and future,

memories I've lived

and some I will live through.

 

I heard voices from every star

saying,

 

“Not yet, you have too much

still to aim for.”

 

And I heard

the most

beautiful music.


A choir of angels, playing a rock opera

through distorted, discordant chords.

A symphony of sounds

that should have grated,

but sang like the planets themselves,

as they circumnavigated time.

All calling me back home.

 

And I realised in that dream

that home was where my heart lay,

in a hospital bed, awaiting me.

 

And as my eyes opened,

I saw whole new colours to the day.

 

Was it the drugs coursing through me?

Or some newly opened eye into the world

that showed me what I should always see?

I don't mind, as my mind is open wide,

and the beauty impacts on me.

 

The grey had faded, and the red-haired

nurse smiled and held my hand, saying,

“Hi, it will be okay.”

 

And I fought to regain strength.

I poured my heart out, and I let my tears

fall. I let my pain sit and share its story.

And I realised,

the fall was there for me to climb from.

And I would climb my mountains because

the view would be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *