Wednesday 31 January 2024

I see a face.

 


I see a face.

Distant. Painful

tears glisten

in the sheet rain.

I stress.

She is distant,

so far away,

but

so close.

Distressed

sobs

echo through

the wind.

Not in sync

with the face.

Uneasily I freeze,

stuttering

like a glitching

computer screen.

 

It's like

I could touch her,

but my hand

would float right through,

caressing the air,

disturbing the atoms

that cloud my sight.

Swirling

the vapour

of her tears,

as she shimmers

and fades

into the night.

Just a ghost.

A visage of emptiness,

loss and unhappiness.

Stood still.

a reminder of

a distant year,

glistening under

the moonlight glare.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *