Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Betray the horizon

 

Could we run away,

betray the horizon, the lands it lies on,

and the lives we leave behind the grey rain.

You can rely on the rising belief I hold in me.

 

the stories that faded so many times

that they became

just a rising stain on the page.

A ring of pain around the

draining whirlpool of time.

 

A raindrop of escape would be

a fairytale into which we can stray.

 

Stay with me. In these

wilderness dreams,

and I'll give my soul

to the moon and seas.

Every droplet, like a locket

with a heart engraved.

 

Could we share a trip

to a mountain hideaway,

somewhere that the world can't see?

 

The bears would be tamed

and we could walk with deer,

watching the birds fly free.

 

And if it got cold we could

light the fires in our hearts

until marshmallows

melt into the ground,

like the snow-capped

surrounds that shine in the sun.

 

Or a wood-beamed forest cabin,

where you can't see

the trees for the leafy dreams.

Leave with me, and we can see

Forever in a single heartbeat.

 

I don't want the world.

I only want to share it with you.

A lifetime isn't too long,

forever is only a heartbeat,

eternity a mere wingbeat.

 

We could take a boat, traverse

an ocean, afloat on a world of hope,

to find a desert island, which shows

on no map or globe. We can elope

to a shoreside sanctuary - just you, me

and the seagulls for company.

 

Or dream with me, a rocket ship

to another space entirely,

for our hearts are universal,

and we can hold galaxies within.

And this earth isn't big enough

to contain the love

without fracturing.

 

The destination could be anywhere, the

companion is the only ship I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *