I try to catch a stray thought before it flies off,
but it faded too fast, as another lands on my face.
I try to react, but my hands are too slow, I'm too
absorbed in wonder, that my mind can't wander.
I try to listen to the soft lilting song, sweetness
on a sunbeam, a whisper lost to the moonlight
dreams. But the captivating face stares down
on me, takes every breath and leaves me standing
agaze. Heart fires ablaze. But the flames can't
survive without oxygen, and I'm deprived, like I'm
in the vacuum of space. Watching her closer.
The lunar landscape of pure awe dripping wonder
over my mental pages, and I'm beyond awestruck.
I'm dumbstruck, in love with the mysterious magic
tricks, her eyes play on me.
And I'm a child again.
Beaming with the hopes of a summer Sunday,
beside a beach, where I can dig and dig and dig,
finding treasures, a world of unearthed pleasure,
sits in my fingertips, and I feel on my lips a word.
Forever.
And it dawns
like sunlight on a frost-bitten morning,
icicles melting a dripping melody,
as it trickles into another memory.
A shared holiday, laughter and glee,
amusement parks, and postcard
photograph scenery.
And I see forever.
The way it cycles, endlessly, energy forming energy,
forming stars, combusting into everything, becoming
you and me, and us forming a new star in unity,
to burn brighter than the one previously.
And diamond light pours in from the moonlight,
and blue twists in the skylights, yellow haze
flitters on the winds - a glorious embrace. The red of Mars,
with the green of Venus, the rainbow of universal grace,
and suddenly my mind is awake,
singing songs and feeling... feeling...
feeling...
Everything.
Eyes wide, I see a world that had tried
to hide in shadows, a world basking in the darkness,
but containing such glorious colours, a sigh brought to life,
in a single blink of an eye. And I am...
Feeling
Every blade of grass in between my toes,
the gentle tickle, as a drop of dew trickles
over bare feet, and I feel the heat of the earth,
the coolness of the air, the mystical union
of here and there, a musical composition
of hope and fear, a singing conclusion
to a life left in the past and one that I hold by the wrist.
And I see sounds swirling their colours into my ears,
blending with the rainbow of the air, and I stare,
At the wonder. All of this is there for us. You and me.
And I feel like maybe today will be the day that life begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment