Saturday, 22 August 2026

Know this...

 

Know this... that if I place

my trust in your hands, then

I love you. For my trust

has been stolen many times,

so now it only leaves

for those who matter

most to me.

It's like a bird, I release,

and I know it will only land

in the palms of some

island of destiny.

 

And if I ask for anything,

then you mean

more than the world.

For to ask is more

than words can say.

It means I am open

to you—a door that

usually stays closed,

locked, keys secure.

 

And if I offer my truth,

then know that you

hold my heart in your eyes.

For it isn't merely a token,

I don't give my

belief to just

anyone that looks on.

It is only for those that see

the real me.

 

I've given so much of me,

but I find taking is hard.

For to be given love is

a forest these roots

don't usually breach,

or a beach these feet

barely ever reach.

My arms stretch out,

but to be held is divine.

And that is something

I need to learn to accept

can sometimes be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *