Dear diary,
today I feel low. Not because
anything has happened,
but because nothing has...
Loneliness is a shadow that creeps in,
a puddle ever-expanding. Before you
know it, it is wrapped around your toes,
and starts dragging you down.
Like gravity then, it pulls you in.
Every footstep becomes
heavier.
Where before you'd bounce,
now you slouch
ever lower
to the
ground.
Until you're crawling
like an animal,
begging for scraps.
And I want to call a friend, but then
I don't have many of them. And to call
would make me a burden, so I just stare on
vacantly at the wall, whilst all around, my
sense of perspective starts to fall.
Dear diary, it's been a day
and still I'm slumping in the grey.
I just can't lift this gloopy mood,
it seeps over every surface,
like school days glue.
Everything I touch just turns to dust,
and I feel my mental state
has already started to rust.
And I'm flat, like a tyre punctured by glass.
And I want to call, but I have no attire
and I'm tired at best.
Dear diary, I feel great. I got a call,
must have been fate - just one call,
that's all it took. Inspired me
to open my eyes and look.
See, I'd been asleep,
same as I'd spent most of these days,
just spending my hours in between dreams.
And then a buzz,
a vibration from my phone,
a call - my eyes opened.
Alert. focused.
I left my home. And
whilst I may have been
awkward, and slightly low,
the laughter lifted me,
and slowly
that mood started to grow.
So now I'm buzzed. But stupidly tired.
I'll retire to bed, I'll need a lie-in.
No comments:
Post a Comment