Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Look around

I see sounds swirling

vortex colours

bleeding into my ears,

and mixing with

The symphony of

frequencies,

the rainbow of the air,

and I stare at

the wonder.

The awe.

The magic,

dripping over the canvas.

And I am aware

 

All of this is there for us.

You and me. Everybody.

So, look up, don't be scared to stare,

magic won't just disappear

when our eyes see that it is there,

instead, it paints a view,

a stunning emotion just for you.

The shades of blue, with silver, grey,

An ocean above as below,

so, swim with me.

 

Sometimes there are

shades of red,

blending into

beautiful purple of darker days,

the mountainous clouds, proudly

proclaim their space,

constantly changing,

evolving the image,

making the view distinct,

evoking emotion in you.

 

Then look down,

see the shades of the

green,

the multitude blends

of emerald, lime, pistachio,

olive, khaki, yellow shades

swirl in the pea green sprigs,

as the damp brown moss-tinged blades

feather the soil in story. And that story reads

Of love, a love story just for us

 

Our universe is so beautiful,

through weary night eyes you can see

planets sitting in vibrant dots of light,

bustling with the stars for attention,

like a red-carpet walk

to the next big

cinematic distraction,

and in the spotlight of the moon

the swooning lovers

stand in union. lips upon lips

in cosmic communication,

a communion of colour.

 

and yet everyone

looks down.

So glum.

They look down upon

screens reflecting

their lives

in ever-increasing

shades of grey.

 

Life is so much more vivid

in the natural light. Raise your eyes,

look up at the day, see the birds

sweep the skies, see the butterflies,

colours dazzling against the flowers they visit.

How can we resist it? The pull of eternity

there in front of our eyes.

 

See the harmony of nature as it walks

between the heavy feet of humanity,

trying to get your attention.

Just begging to be seen.

Lift your eyes from the screen.

it's so much clearer in eyesight

rather than a 4K rendition

on a perpetual self-torture device.

 

I see twilight laying down and slipping

below horizon duvet waves, as day

sleeps to regain her hold on the world below.

 

And knight falls, in shining amorè.

I'm in love, I'm sure. The lunar light,

holds me in warming comfort

against the deepening black,

and I lay back, letting sweetness of a star

shift across the canvas like a laser light,

sent to lead us home.

Home. Home.

And I doze.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *