Wednesday, 26 August 2026

The slow dance of life

 

In a sullen mood, I stared the gloom

of my walls into submission. I listened

to the song, like an alien transmission.

Words from a distant star, pulling

the strings of my heart.

 

And I walked outside. And I could hear

the song, but nowhere could I see the singer.

 

It was thundering and lightning

deep in the middle of the night.

A rain-soaked winter. The rain

was diamonds glinting moonlight,

and I danced, in the falling stardust.

Every bursting raindrop

sending a pulse wave to my brain.

 

And a song, a song, a song still sung.

 

A sensation I can't name,

a fizzing embrace of time and space.

And I danced, spinning,

letting every drop cleanse me,

applauding the strobe light show,

a thunderclap symphony.

 

And I cried. For now I saw that by hiding

inside, I'd missed so many beautiful skies,

and I swore I'd never miss another.

 

All through spring I walked and danced,

as sinuous sounds serenade my swirling mind,

streaming, shifting seconds of time, swaying,

weaving, flowing around. As starlight circles the sky.

As the planets orbit the sun, I spun and spun

as underfoot the earth turned,

and I listened and I heard.

I listened for the words, but I couldn't find the voice.

 

And in the summer heat, no shelter,

no breeze, I moved my feet.

Listening to the sound of the stars,

as they twinkle bright - a dazzle and a light,

gemstones of the sky. And I felt the warmth

baking my skin, every nerve ending sizzling.

But I danced, as the heat was mesmerising,

and I loved in the season of passions rising.

 

And the song continues to sing.

 

And in the autumn, I felt the leaves fall.

Golden-brown raindrops of seasonal joy.

A burnt-ochre carpet beneath my feet,

the hibernating memories of firefly skies above me.

Their symphonic majesty rang through

like windchime melodies of restful nights.

 

And a hand held mine,

the future, her eyes aglow of butterflies,

and hair the raging wildfires of hope,

she whispered, a secret in the words she spun.

And I gently swayed in time to the song she sung.

Arms around her waist in the slow dance of life.

 

The secret... "You will be fine"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *