Monday 11 March 2024

A murder of self

 

Many little murders.

Crows picking at my bones.

Self-sacrifices to higher powers,

martyr to an unworthy throne.

Changing every piece of me,

a little at a time.

To fit the fantasy you created

for me to walk alone.

 

Rebirth, death of the host.

Does that just make me a lost ghost?

Spectre in a spectrum of shifting worlds.

Where I am not me,

just a vague me-shaped

lump of plasticine.

A replacement duplicate.

A blank slate, to fill

with your rivers of self-hate.

 

Myriad slivers of what was me,

now just pieces of meat

to feed the beasts. Feast

I say on what was once me.

Feast, and choke on the tough skin

you tore free.

For now, I no longer feel the cut

of your blade sharp tongue, I no longer feel

the touch of your sharpened nails.

That pain has set sail.

 

Self-destruction, complete,

but is it true self destruction

If you

Have your hand on the trigger

and I'm begging and pleading

to cease the oncoming explosion.

But now I've shed that skin,

the timid shell I wore, it soaked in

every curse you swore.

Now instead I soar, I let myself be.

Because destroying the old,

only revealed the real me.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *