Sunday 3 March 2024

Hearts in the sand

 


I draw a heart

in the sand.

My love

for your

landscape, as

you lay before me.

I sup the waters

from the seas.

as your waves rush over me.

I would build 

sandcastles

in your mind,

if my hands

weren't shaking.

 

I draw a heart on the page

of a diary, scrawled

for no one to read but me.

I'd let your eyes gaze over my pages,

if you'd trust me, I'd let you

see the invisible 

strands, the hands

that guide me through 

the streets where darkness

stands, if you would

take this route wherever 

the dice lands.

If you'd promise that

we would never

wake up the tears.

 

I'd draw a heart

upon the moon.

To show how beautiful you are,

because even with that

amazing sight in the sky

I'd never be able

to divert my eyes.

I'd let my love flow

through my pen

staining every page.

I'd shout of love

from any stage.

Always with your

face in my eyes.

As long as you 

promise to not lie.

 

I'd draw a heart

that has been damaged,

bandaged,

shaken, ripped and torn.

Broken, weary and worn

with frayed veins' split ends

staining it in the blood

of a thousand bad days.

A heart that needs

a little life support

from somebody that cares.

But it still works and still has

more than enough love to share.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *