Friday 29 March 2024

In tents mind

 


My brain whirls

with twirling,

circus sounds.

Clowns plodding around,

falling face first

into shaving foam plates.

This empty tent is my lair.

A tent of regret and bad ideas,

I fear the sounds in the air.

 

I'm a ringmaster

plucked from a photograph,

left in an old dusty place,

a retirement home

for my memory.

Surrounded by doppelganger faces

leering back, wearing my own despair.

This empty tent where

I fear the

sounds in the air.

 

The chill

of haunted laughter

straddles

the organ music,

and cycles higher

and higher,

like a motor biker

riding

the walls of death.

Laughter at my

smile bereft face.

Not with me,

but against,

and setting the pace.

In this dense atmosphere.

Thick,

with those fearful sounds in the air

 

Juggling thoughts,

walking tightropes

between trapeze artists

ready to knock me off my feet.

I sway and stagger through

this tent,

humming a circus march.

Brain just seeking a seat,

a place to rest and breathe.

away from the intense pressure to be...

Someone whose skin

doesn't sit correctly on these bones

that are wearing thin.

The sounds repeat,

fearful enough to keep me

nailed to my seat

Me, the clown,

when I was trying

to act like a prince,

and this tent no palace,

nor place to be.

Not home for me,

I am only at home

where the moonlight winks.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *