Thursday 7 March 2024

Incompatible

 


I didn't ever want you to leave,

but it was too hard for us to stay.

My heart is a broken mirror,

my life the shards

of bad luck.

You are the hammer that struck,

and yet I didn't want you to go,

but you made me feel

my life flowing away.

You made me doubt,

when I know myself inside out.

You made me question my intentions,

when I knew I wasn’t

after any outside interventions.

You made me feel

constantly on trial,

When my only crime

was to be myself

once in a while.

 

I didn't want it to end,

I never wanted those

arguments to descend,

nut I never asked for you

to bend my good thoughts,

ensnaring them

into the mesh

in which they were caught.

My eyes never looked elsewhere,

my heart

was a fish trapped in your

net of distrust.

All I ever wanted

was what was there,

but the once steel boat

on which we sailed

had started to fatally rust.

 

See here's the thing

you never loved me.

I get that now.

you loved the me that you

thought you could mould me to be.

It was all just a ripple on an ocean,

a wave on a sea,

a moment of beauty,

that crashed into the waters beneath.

You loved what you wanted me to be,

but that was a suit

that didn't fit the body.

I never regret. Life is too short,

and through the hurt there

where lots of laughs, lots of love.

Just incompatible.

My heart was a screw

and you were a hammer,

I was toothpaste,

you an orange juice slammer.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *