Sunday 17 March 2024

Magma tears

 


How can I miss something

I never had?

Why does it feel so sad,

knowing that our two worlds

will never collide?

Is it because

this indifferent reality

sees the world through

a single lens?

Whereas we are a prism,

our light flows bend

and in a differing reality

our pages would combine,

creating a story

grander than any tale 

told once upon a time.

 

Why does it feel so painful though?

It's like a fierce fire bubbling

deep in your gut,

up your stomach through the throat,

before taking a quick detour,

and pouring out

magma tears from your eyes.

Just knowing

that two hearts

that should combine

were delivered

to the wrong place and time.

 

How can you

express this?

I'm distressed

over a fantasy

that can't exist.

My mind in uproar,

Over a set of thoughts

and feelings,

that won't ever gain wings and soar.

So instead, I feel the teardrop

bulging beside my eye start to pour.

 

How can I miss something

that doesn't exist?

I see you in my mind,

a silhouette dancing through the mist

enlightened by the moon lights shine.

It's like knowing how sweet

and perfect a kiss

Would be, 

feeling it zapping through

your entire body, 

but knowing that

It's just an illusion, 

some mishap or misguided mind trickery

and all you will be conjuring up

is a ready meal for one.

Feeling like every beat

of your heart has a twin

and could beat in time to perfection

for the first time in its history.

But knowing that we are stuck in a vacuum

and the sound would never sing.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *