Monday 25 March 2024

Deeper into imaginary shadows

 


Drifting.

Out of body.

Out of mind.

Joyride on the

tides of life.

Just passing time

it seems.

Imaginary shadows

creep into stumbled dreams

and lock themselves

deep within.

 

Monday to Friday,

slog through brain fog.

Dust clouding eyes,

struggle to rise.

In dreams I feel alive.

In life I feel adrift.

A ship with no mast,

The hull broken to bits.

Did I do this

in a past burst of anguish?

Struggle to find purpose

in the deepening smog.

 

Weekend arrives.

I reinvent my life.

No longer nobody

Now I soar high.

On the wings of

imaginary shadow

dragons I rise.

For just those times

I finally feel alive,

but is this just a lie?

Am I slowly dying inside?

 

Life plods back to the grind.

I hear the sound

that will haunt my skies.

The dull chatter

that will unwind

into a chorus of agonised screams.

Shattering

my imaginary shadows

into shards,

careful to not let them pierce

the fabric

of this thin wrinkled reality.

 

I walk through my dreamworld,

placing the pieces into the folds,

for when the future holds me,

lost and at sea.

I will be able to find them.

Hidden layers beneath

the topsoil that you see,

and I will need them,

to be the imagination

that will set myself free.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *