Friday 22 March 2024

In this still second of frailty

 


In timid

acquiescence

I assess

the situation.

Just me

and the skyline.

My vacant, lost expression.

Coldness.

In this still

second

of frailty.

I can seem

cold at times,

like I've cried

so often that now

my tearducts fail me.

too many teardrops

now my eyes

protest the rainfall.

I've watched

my whole galaxy stall.

Pillars of my being,

crumble into dust.

I've felt

the beginning

of too many

breakdowns,

and I've felt

the thumping

end of a downfall.

When I’m left,

a shell smashed

against an ocean wall,

without a tear

coming to call.

In tired

acceptance,

I realise

that the pain

will sit inside

sometimes,

and I lie

that the pain

doesn't make

me feel like

screaming

a hole

in the universe

and climbing

inside.

But I know

that if I stand still

for long enough,

if I quieten

the thunder.

If I dull the pain

with visions

of wonder.

I won't be

dragged any

further

under.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *