Monday 22 July 2024

Bottomless jar

 


In the bell curve

of a bottomless jar,

where you store

the rotten remnants, 

year after year.

my long-forgotten heart.

I swear I hear

the sound of rustling.

 

Then emptiness,

not a beat or anything.

 

In the darkness cast

through this prison

of endless glass.

Where you dropped

my heart to beat it's last.

I swear I hear

a flutter in the wind, fast

frantically stuttering.

A fragile delicate thing,

like the feint beating

of a recovering broken wing.

 

Then silence

is once again king,

no sound, just darkness

devouring everything.

 

I hear in the darkness

a sound. Words getting louder.

Closer, prouder.

Now showering

the air in their power.

The sound of wings flapping,

providing a backbeat

to get feet tapping.

To give the words

a canvas to pound upon,

like the worn skin

of a weather beaten old drum.

 

Sounds stop, dead. 

silence lives instead. 

Words, pounding, at my skull, 

trying to escape from my head.


Then the heart erupts

from the shattering jar

and flies as fast

as far as the twinkling stars

light is cast,

and explodes.

like fireworks 

of stained rainbow glass,

dusting the air

and earth with love. 

Words expelled at last.

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *