Wednesday 24 July 2024

On the wings of dragons

 


Whilst I was away sifting

through imaginary shadows,

you were flying high

on the wings of dragons.

Soaring on the winds

of your own skies.

The moonlight girl,

with dreams for eyes.

 

Sought answers

couldn't be caught

in a butterfly net,

and I hadnt yet found,

any buried with a bottle

in a grave underground,

but I stayed around those holes

following the wrong souls,

whilst you swooped right past.

Oh, moonlit girl,

do you have answers

to questions asked?

 

Intrigued by the light

I departed out of the the dark.

The dirty earth

and I had grown apart,

but I found new comfort

in the night, with the

moonlight guiding me righ,

but still something eluded me.

Answers to questions I couldn't see.

Why did my heart feel so empty?

 

I followed the river, I chased mountains

I sought out valleys,

and evergreen canyons.

In my mind I found

all of this and more.

But I was locked still

behind an invisible door,

Then a delicate knock,

and the lady with locks

of midnight hair,

stood there.

The moonlight glow

bathing her face,

she said, "come, it's time to go.

We have some dreams to chase."

 

She held me tight as we took flight.

Shielded me from the dragons fierce bite.

We were two energies forever destined

to tangle. Two flames of one eternally

burning candle.

Our threads floated through 

the evergreen of eternity.

and we sang, a soft song,

heard only by her and me.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *