Friday 5 July 2024

Lips shade the night

 


When those lips

shade the night in red roses,

coating the soft moss

of a forest floor. Our bed to rest

and share our thoughts.

My thoughts

will have fled,

so, I'll only be able to

look at you

and adore

the view instead.

 

When eyes look out

from a rowboat fantasy,

on a lake of shadows.

Candles of

intrigued and doubt

dance in the sky.

Sparkling then twinkling out,

until all I can see

is the universe inside your mind.

so pretty. It blazes so bright.

So pretty it blazes all night.

 

From the place between

tomorrow and today.

In the world where

darkness and light play,

where night becomes day,

and day becomes night

in an eternal game

of musical chairs.

the satin piece sways,

sat in peace so far away.

Whilst the musical art beats,

blaring, heartfelt and free.

Lifting my thoughts

like a stowaway through the clouds,

into the galaxy of your heart, which beats so loud

 

When I listen to the moonlight

whispering on low lonely nights.

She replies in images of beauty,

fleeting visions blink across my sight.

She speaks about how

when future becomes today,

the darkness will clear

from my eyes, and

in that world we will stay.

 

If you said the words I long to hear

I'd follow the stars to be always near.

I'd follow rivers until they lead to you,

like an ocean, beautiful, I'd dive into the blue.

Just to feel the warmth

you hold deep inside you.

I don't ask anything in return,

just to smile when you see my joy,

To let me bear witness to your life.

Watching you rise through glorious skies.

Angel, 

I cherish the memories that live in future tides.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *