Thursday 18 July 2024

Midnight drapes

 


Midnight

unbuttons

her velvet gown. Stars fizzle and burn.

Drops it flowing

to the ground. Planets spin and turn.

She stands before me now.

Exquisite in moonlit

delicate sheets.

Draping her shape, so sweet

I struggle to breathe,

any breath may cause

this scene to evaporate,

becoming the

death of a dreams,

and I want to be a bringer of life,

So, I hold on tight

to the thought of you,

the bearer of light

guiding us on

this perfect night.

 

Midnight lakes shimmer

I see them through

my wide-eyed view,

beauty glimmers

beneath the starlight. A silhouette of you.

Candle constellation

floats on this lake,

a rowboat takes me

so far away

from the grim, dingy city,

to this faraway place 

which sits imitating 

your most beautiful face.

I cling on awaiting

where the water will take me.

Heaven awaiting

in a picture book dream.

 

I see the midnight outtakes.

The moments

that most walk past,

not noticing the outlines traced.

The footprints of history,

the momentous smiles

that you bring to the table.

Fierce red lips that

shine so bright

and taste like forever.

The eyes of blinding white

that make the moon

just a secondary character

in this ongoing fable.

 

I see midnight draped in moonlight.

Now her gown is gone

and her beauty

stands alone, no protection,

just this perfect projection,

throughout my dreams all night.

That smile, those eyes,

and the magic dust words and voice

that hold you tight 

in a bubble of hope, trust and love.

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *