Friday 12 July 2024

Rose petals on a river of love.

 


Would you share

with me

a lifetime

or two?

I'd happily

spend

eternity

with you.

I'd spend the first

million years finding

new things to witness.

I'd spare

not a second, breathing in

every part of your stardust essence.

Letting discoveries

tighten the grip

on my dripping heart.

Get in and

enlighten my mind.

Never letting our fingers slip

 

I'd not waste

a single minute,

not one instance.

Eternity is

never long enough.

I could keep going,

always finding

new riverways

flowing into

new oceans

of beauty.

 

My love for you

a currency

I could never

burn through.

The banks could

never retain

my heart

and what it contains.

But I'd give

every piece

of gold to you,

All my holdings,

I'd scatter,

rose petals on

a river of love.

No spare change, in my wallet,

not fearful of rainy days from above.

 

The banks could foreclose,

interest rate nose

dive off a cliff,

but I have surplus

love to give.

Under my mattress,

just awaiting the day,

when my card is declined,

my love won't go away,

I have always enough

stored for rainy days

to always pay, when my stocks

start to dwindle,

I have an everlasting supply.

stored next to my heart,

somewhere deep inside.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *