Monday 29 July 2024

Stone forever unturned

 


You feel

like coming home

to a room made

of candyfloss

dreams.

I fall Into

your clouds,

Let them

hold onto me.

Insides screaming

in happiness.

My face trying

to mask the glee.

 

Finding you

is like

looking at

a map,

and the

whole landscape

fades clear,

just

one road appears.

A great big arrow

saying you are here,

with a heart

encircling everything.

 

Whereas when

I’m in this

world alone,

I can

sometimes feel

somewhat

lost and bereft

like I’ve looked

everywhere

and there I'm left,

a stone

forever

unturned.

 

Like I’m the

5th member

of a Beatles

tribute band

sat just tapping

my feet

outside the venue,

cap in hand.

Like I'm the understudies

understudy

of the actor who has

a walk on role

in act three

of a one act play.

Like my mind took a walk,

and got itself lost

in my head-shaped maze

 

The silver bullet seller,

in a movie about vampires.

The fortune teller

when the future

is already known.

A clown at a funeral,

trying to raise laughs

amid the gasps.

Without you here

I sometimes feel

I've fallen into the gaps.

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *