Sunday 7 July 2024

Lazy sundae

 


Let me be

your lazy

ice cream

sundae.

We can lay

on the green,

watching birds play.

Lost in the

creamy dream sky

as it sways

stream-like over

our streamlined eyes

and lustful days.

 

Let me be

sugar glazed highs,

as we lick our lips.

tantalised

by the suns

hot fiery rays.

A lazy ice cream dream,

whipped and swirled

into a perfect sundae.

Topped off with crumbs of joy

and flakes of natures beauty.

 

Let me be your lazy Sunday.

Sitting with nothing to do for the day.

No dressing up to work,

not dressing up at all.

We can just fall, collapsing

into duvet-like arms,

and hold on tight.

until day turns to night,

never letting go

just swept along

on this river of twilight.

 

Let me be your

lazy Sunday.

Sunbeams reflecting

from your summery dress.

Let us digest

the breakfast of daylight,

before venturing out

for ice cream delight

to welcome in the night

after this hot

passionate day

 

Let me be your

bank holiday weekend

free to spend 

our timely currency,

this lazy summer sundae,

we can transcend

this earth and watch

as the hills and rivers blend.

Bending time to fit our needs,

A day in life can feed

a field of seedling dreams

for a century.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *