Sunday 21 July 2024

Irises that rise in beauty to the skies

 

picture of beautiful asian woman, with eyes closed, head tilted slightly upwards as if enjoying the suns rays

I see flowers in your eyes,

irises that rise heavenly

to the skies, looking

in wonder and surprise.

Lost in a dream

of forever yesterdays

and so many

tomorrow fantasies.

Those seas you wish

to be swimming,

but no swimming gear

did you bring.

Just a costume of fear,

and some bling

of insecurity.

 

You see all the lies,

told to you over so many years,

personalised hate smears,

that you wear

over the face you now

fear, hate

and despise.

I see flowers

in your eyes.

The beauty

that you

were told wasn't true.

All the pieces of you

 they viewed

and sought to use

to belittle you.

This was just them

looking through

a mirror world,

and seeing

their own reflection

painted loud and true

 

I see those fears

still blossoming,

rose petals red.

Cheeks glaring

when you feel the heat

of embarrassment start

to tingle under the skin

you wish to shred.

like a bubbling furnace

somewhere deep within.

You wish

you were beautiful instead.

 

But I also see

the strength to stand,

with your heart in hand,

letting your words spill

with the tears

that overfill your eyes,

dropping

onto the dirt and soil.

I see flowers of hurt and toil

where those tears do fall.

I see sunlight in your eyes.

I see so much beauty it shines

and everywhere you walk

a trail of flowers follows behind.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *