Monday 8 July 2024

In this ever-expanding universe

 


In this

ever-expanding

universe

I feel...

Lost.

Sick.

Adrift from everything.

I feel my skin itching

somewhere back

in the bed that I lay in,

but it isn't where I want to stay.

An escape from yesterday,

when in reality,

your arms offer

the only true embrace.

 

The only thing

that could make sense

in this colluding universe

of colliding thoughts,

the essence of you,

caught in my clothes.

The scent of you

drifting close to my nose.

I lend myself some hope.

Only to have it yanked away

like a strand of rope.

 

I feel I'm drifting further away

with every breath.

Only ever getting

closer to death.

Messages lost in the

vast wilderness

of this universal forest.

A void that is always

edging away from us.

My thoughts and words

left in the onrushing dust,

always too far away to hear,

too distant to view.

So, they never seem

to reach close to you.

 

This ever-expanding universe,

always moving away,

making the distance between us

seem so treacherous to navigate.

The canyons of time,

The valleys of space,

The hills of forever loom

distant and grey,

And all I want

is to be able to say the words

I long to say

and hold you close

until the very last heartbeat

of the universe

has been and gone away.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *