Wednesday 31 July 2024

A rose by the lakeside

 


Across those murky depths I wept,

tears dropped like weights of lead.

They kept on flowing even as I slept.

In ripples upon the deep dark depths

I saw my face, flush red with regret,

in circumspect moments of self-neglect,

I swam in those lakes, of tears that I'd left.

 

My dreams became unstuck,

like a gown of sleep slipping

Into the moonstruck mucky depths.

Those waters so dark and deep.

I dredged through these fluid thoughts

that wilfully crept through my head whilst

in sleep my tears still wept. Dreams derelict.

Pain rippling the surface

as my body slept through the rain.

 

To find

a rose 

being swept

along the 

water’s edge.

 

That rose,

a reminder of love.

Arrows flew inside

but my heart arose,

to fly so high above.

It beat a rhythm,

to every lonely heart.

Don't feel alone.

It drummed,

there is someone

just waiting

for the right time

to come.

 

I listened, and realised, 

to my surprise

the tears had started to dry from my eyes..

So, like my heart my hope did rise,

singing in sweet, improvised lullabies.

Love will arrive when time decides,

don't fear the way 

that future roads may lie.

 

 

 



Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff


You can find my New book
"Tales from the 44A"
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/

Please buy a copy to help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *