Saturday 14 October 2023

A slice of home

 


I used to look upon 

these streets with hurt.

All I could see through these eyes

were the tears I'd cried,

the bad times

glistened on the hateful pavements

like a permanent reminder

of a life slowly slipping away.

Smashed bottles lay

where my blood spilled

Scars still scratched into the walls

where I fell

and could barely crawl.

 

Now I see the beauty

in every paving stone,

every arched alleyway.

The cobblestoned lanes,

the market place,

the clock tower where

we would spend forever and a day,

standing around watching the slowly crawling 

hands of time twisting away.

The old fountain

where we would dance and play.

Skating on ice. The green fields where 

we would lay as music swayed

through the airwaves, sounds from a 

long-forgotten memory.

 

I see dreams of future,

flowing along the pavement streams.

The old and young 

standing together in harmony.

I hear songs being sung.

I see the joy of diversity in this city.

Taste the different traditions,

our cultures celebrated; our hearts elevated,

as new generations find all that tie us

not find reason to feel misaligned.

Maligned.

I see graffiti showing life,

the train station where

sad hearts pass time,

waiting for love that doesn't arrive.

I see the green spaces,

seemingly endless seas of viridescent waves.

 

I no longer look upon 

these streets with hate,

with hurt, or fear.

I see where I belong.

Where the brickwork transports me

to a world, where the rain

sets forth storms of words.

I see the place that 

inspires pages to ignite.

I see a city of giving,

the way we should be living,

and I look on with pride.

 

 


Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *