Monday 16 October 2023

Stone stories seep into view

 


Lost in the pages

of a twisted nightmare.

Haunted houses stare

through grimy window eyes,

Menacingly disturbing lullabies

leap into the air.

I run through

deserted overgrown cemeteries,

morning dew soaking my shoes,

as the grass pierces through the soil

like zombie hands reaching out for you.

Clouded in low lying mist

etched stone

stories seep into view.

 

Horrifying hospitals,

psychotic doctors.

Lightning flashes,

strobing, burning the eyes

in their sockets.

Thunder rumbles with echoed groans.

The sky grumbles, tortured moans.

Storms, wild and crashing.

Demons dancing devilishly,

and me

trying to catch my breath,

stolen away from me

by vicious fiends.

 

I'm lost in these pages,

a maze of bewildering lines,

words that lead to dead ends.

Exits that I can't find.

Worlds that I can't comprehend,

too vast and complex,

all too many twisted signs.

Passages that shift through the mind,

blending with the linking thoughts

and tearing them into confetti strands,

that now only flow through my open hands.

 

The creepy details

derail the train of my thoughts

and I'm back once more,

in front of this haunted house,

complete with crooked door.

Strips of newspaper

plastering over the cracks,

where, if you peer closely,

you see eyes staring back,

and I'm lost in the pages.

Seemingly no way to escape,

So, I'll find a safe space,

sit and write terrifying tales of this place.

 


Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *