Saturday 28 October 2023

Reservoir

 


Motionless, balances thoughts

at the neglected bus stop.

As the rain drizzles down,

the sort that strips you bare,

leaves your soul

alone, standing there.

No awning or roof,

Tears mixing

with the droplets of truth

formed in

the saddened air.

 

That's where

she lay, hope.

Dead, decayed.

like a piece of fruit

from the tree of life,

that had caught a

gust of wind, wanted to glide high,

but plummeted to earth instead.

 

And as I wait,

stone cold,

a statue

that once breathed.

I stare up at the sky.

Teardrops

pool in my eyes.

Swimming with the rain.

I'm brimming with pain.

I've become nothing more

than a wastewater drain.

 

I blink away

the reservoir.

Feeling the

dam course down

my cheeks,

it tickles a smile free

just for a second,

and however brief,

a sense of relief.

I let the tears

drain away from me.

The bus rolls into view.

A faded stain of you,

marks itself upon the street.

As I watch the world

uits like the seas 

of my mind have parted.

I think to myself,

this journey 

has barely even started.


Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *