Thursday 19 October 2023

Nowhere stare

 


I wear

my nowhere stare,

seemingly unaware.

Distant under peoples’ glare.

I wear my invisibility

like a coat of midnight

I wear the sea of tranquillity

around my neck, A scarf of stars 

tied tight.

Always here

but never quite there.

I wear a mask painted with fear.

 

I wear my skin, hidden.

I wear my smile, bitten.

I wear my love, smitten.

I wear... Listen...

If anyone has taught me anything,

It's to listen to the sound

that appears when your

thread is worn thin.

When the din in your

head is echoing. Begging.

To be heard.

It’s trying to sing

because it knows

what is coming.

 

And as you layer up

ready for what comes next.

Remember this. The hum exists.

It picks you off when you’re at a low ebb.

It lives in the vibrations of unsettled air

swirling through your head.

Where fear is emitted

like a siren to lure it there.

It fills you with dread.

A sense of heightened trepidation.

So thick you could cut it

like oven baked bread.

 

The fear is real,

the beast is not one to make a deal,

So, pull on a nowhere stare,

look into the distance,

to a place that is not quite there.

Where perception of the ordinary twists

Into a world much murkier.

Take my hand.

Keep a tight hold of the thread

connecting these twin lands,

keep that song spinning.

Drown the noise

before it infiltrates your head,

or the hum will hunt you down

and make you wish you were dead.

 

 


Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *