Saturday 7 October 2023

A whispered word to the rain

 


I spoke to the universe in vain

asking for it to light a flame,

I gave it a name,

and then asked

would it direct them

to my heart. I sent a signal,

in embers, to the stars.

A message written in sparks,

but it was never collected, 

the words never connected,

the sign disintegrated

before the message was fully stated.

I whispered again to the rain,

please let me share my soul.

 

I left my story

in a pile of books,

unread, unloved.

I let the work

stack up,

until it towered over me.

I wanted my words

to become solid, tangible.

Branches that would dangle over

and brush your hair.

I wanted you to know I was there.

That there is someone here

that sees you.

Not the image you portray

but the deeper truth.

 

I spoke to the stars,

and they spoke back,

in silent glistening images,

of flowing futures.

They said, share your heart.

Worry not if it is misunderstood,

ignored or pulled apart.

The message sits within the universe.

The verse flits between

every pair of beating hearts.

A message to inspire love,

and light so many more fires

than just yours.

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelling

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *