Friday 13 October 2023

To those long forgotten dreams

 


To those

long forgotten dreams.

I let you go, Left to fade

under the strawberry rain,

to become fiction

where I lay. 

Letting the sweetness

take any bitter taste away.

 

To those wavy daydreams

that seeped into the air.

You became the raindrops on my page,

the teardrops of my heart.

Every moment fills 

a piece of my journal.

A testimonial, 

of where my

journey started 

and where it fell.

 

To those fleeting figments of fantasy

that once enticed me,

that kept me tied

to their golden sunsets.

You became the ink that stained

the corners of the paper castles,

like the tears that dripped

from the corners of my eyes,

and those dragons with fires that rage,

you lit within me a passion

to burn my heart onto the page.

 

Regret doesn't sit so well

on this old tongue.

For the story to turn right

sometimes takes

things to seemingly go wrong.

Obstacles make

the chapters sizzle.

We need adversary

to create the necessary fizzle.

 

To rise you must first fall.

My past made me.

Every stumble has been

a wake-up call.

Forget looking

back in hurt at the lost smiles.

Look back instead

at the moments

that made it all worthwhile.

 

 


Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *