Tuesday 24 October 2023

Better kept to the page

 


Those stuttered words

hang on my lips. Nearly slip.

Feeling friction as

stumbling they grip a tight hold.

Too scared to be heard,

they climb back inside,

just fiction of the mind.

Timid, like a fox looking for

food in an autumnal downpour.

 

Those words still linger

A thought once opened

can't be closed like a door,

and those stuttered words

would always be better kept

to a page, never to be let out

of their paper cage.

I know my place, in this world

and to have that happy embrace

is a fantasy that can't exist.

 

My ears sigh,

thankful that they

don’t have to hear a reply.

My eyes just leak,

gazing off into the distance.

But my mind...

My mind is always

up to his own tricks.

Trying to make me fall

for his games.

 

So, I push my mind

into a faraway galaxy.

Why jeopardise good things

for misplaced chemistry.

Better to keep

that mind entertained

in a place

of my own insanity.

But he is always there,

where shadows fall,

one step ahead of the game.

He knows what

I'm thinking after all.

 

Stuttered words

sometimes do slip.

Those muttered refrains take air.

Magic words

fall like a spectrum of rain,

a prism of shifting visions.

Sometimes words fall,

because special is special,

and the future

is out of your control.

 

 


Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *