Wednesday 6 March 2024

Cuddles on the last train

 


What am I doing here?

A lonely traveller,

seasick on the concrete waves.

Seas I know, but my feet

don't feel the pull of tides.

Just pavements

under darkened skies.

 

Cuddles on the last train.

She sleeps aslumber on his shoulder,

as he watches the rain racing

with the bracing wind.

Tumbling

down the windowpane.

Content. He sits.

Listens to the purr

of her breath,

delicate near his cheek.

Feels the soft heat

like a blanket kiss.

 

What am I doing?

Trawling these lands,

when I'd rather

be swimming

in your eyes

under moonlit nights.

 

Cuddles on the

last train, before

gentle nudging.

Awake again.

The rain has ceased,

they alight the train.

Carriage empty of life,

it sits deplete.

All I feel is empty sadness

and the ache of my feet.

 

Through misty eyes

I watch the tracks sail by.

Alone. Just a traveller

with no journey of his own.

What am I doing here?

Comfort feels so far away.

Fear sits beside me, cuddles up close.

Breathes cold air in my ear,

I feel an icy tear

tumbling down my cheek.

Racing the rain

that has started

to trace the windows again.

As I pull into arrivals

I wonder will this fear depart.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *