Sunday 18 June 2023

A click of fingers

 


I have this

recurring dream.

I walk to the stage,

shuffling my pages.

Seems to take ages

but I arrive.

I survey the faces

and with a click of fingers

the lights drop

and it's

just me alone.

An empty room

and a microphone.

 

The words spill forth

like a tidal monsoon.

Flooding the room.

Every nook and cranny

knee deep

in liquid poetry.

Every seat coated

in some

metaphorical fluidity.

I keep the words coming,

now the taps

have been turned on.

The dam is overflowing,

cracks forming

over its grey weathered structure

like the tears

that have rolled down my face.

It starts to rupture

and then it crashes.

Cracks become fissures,

the whole thing smashes.

 

A click of fingers

 

and the lights return.

 

I'm back

here on the stage,

painting word pictures.

A smattering of applause

as I say thank you

and walk into the noise.

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelling

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *