Saturday 10 June 2023

Rivers of colour

 


I wear my life 

like flowing ribbons

through multicolour hair,

I let the music of the hues

saturate my clothes.

I sink into rivers of colour,

feeling the emotions they utter,

letting them deep into my pores.

I soar through space,

tasting every different embrace.

Letting the feelings add flavour,

I savour the way that love feels

when it's whispered on soft lips.

 

I wear my life 

like I wear my scars,

close to my heart.

I let it hold me tight.

I let it hug me

to tear down walls of fright.

I walk along its golden sandy beaches.

Feeling the soft touch

of its seas flow over my feet,

threatening to engulf me.

but I welcome the waves,

I welcome the love

that flows my way.

 

I wear my life

like an old, tattered sweater.

More threads

on which to pull,

spun webs soaked

across my skin.

More holes than wool.

Each hole 

filled to the brim

with colour and sound.

Liquid rhythms sloshing around.

I let the colour stain

like paint

seeping within.

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelliung

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *