Monday 19 June 2023

Apocalyptica : Slinky

 


"Here, where have you been?

We have been worried sick"

Pestilence spewed angrily.

 

"I have been contemplating

the meaning of life, myself,

the universe, everything"

Death boomed in his monotone voice.

 

"And what did you learn?"

War fired his question with precision.

 

"Not a lot,

got caught in traffic

on the M1.

Was gridlocked."

 

"And it took you over a week to return?"

 

"Well, the horse bolted, so I had to walk, 

found a nice little hotel on the way back, 

and kinda got lost in the twisting corridors"

 

"So, you are a horseman 

without a horse?"

 

"Seems that way"

Death said, as he slinked away

 as only a skeletal being can, 

which is to say

in about the least slinkiest way possible.

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelling

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *