Tuesday 20 June 2023

Broken synapses

 


Turbulent upheaval,

like a titanic sequel,

saw myself hit the ice,

crack in two

and sink under the waves,

into the deep ocean blue.

Two lights lost from my skies,

then a catastrophic decline

as the sky fell apart

and the stars smashed the earth.

Witness to birth, to the first bright flashes

of electricity rushing through all new synapses.

 

The turmoil and trauma

that bubbles under

this fractured surface,

like lava

under the plates tectonic,

starts to murmur.

A sonic harmonic symphony

of catastrophic imagery.

Witness to my own demise.

I saw with my own eyes

The stolen sighs 

taken from my life.

I saw signs.

Seesaw mind 

rides high then low

Never saw 

the budding flowers grow.

only saw rivers 

of death slowly flow.

 

Disordered memories,

uncoordinated lines.

I saw the left and right, up and down,

all the borders blurred

into a single point in time.

That night, I climbed the stairs.

Unaware

of what I would no longer find there.

An empty room, my lair of despair.

A place I lay and cried to the skies to kill me

or tell me, to guide me, at least to see me,

but the sky stayed black

and I found the shadows 

were there to comfort.

I witnessed rebirth. The first bright flashes

of electricity rushing through broken synapses.

I'd survive this.

I had to.

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelling

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *