Sunday 18 June 2023

Constellations

 


I look for you

there in the stars.

I peer out from behind my mask,

slide it down

just enough to see with clear eyes

but not enough

to jar the confidence disguise.

I keep the smile painted,

even with the fear eating inside.

I stand and see you, watching.

Your heart full of pride,

but in reality, I'm a scared boy

along for the ride.

 

I laugh and joke,

but inside I'm wracked with hurt.

The disguise

mere mirrors and smoke,

bluster to cover

the words I blurt.

I see you there in the stars.

That smile like a raised heart,

prises my lips apart, makes me smile.

Infectiously it takes the grimace

and forces it to depart.

 

I look for you there in the stars

and realise

you are the brightest star out there.

Brighter than Sirius,

even brighter

than planet Venus.

A guiding light in the dark,

a star to chart the heavens

and tear them apart.

Revealing

the true beautiful heart.

 

I look for you there in the stars

and when I see you

I picture constellations.

My mind travels

to otherworldly destinations

distant rocks 

away from this fragile outcrop,

I start to hear my heart sing,

a song it has not sung in many a year,

I Listen to its words

and drift into space to be near.

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelliung

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *