Monday 19 June 2023

A frayed knot

 


Wispy words trip breathlessly

from your delicate lips.

Slip into the ether

like smoke, evading my grip.

I hang on every word you speak.

Ingesting the liquid thoughts you leak,

letting them deep into my lungs.

A ray of hope, a new sun

over the sky, so glum.

 

I listened intently

to every raised exclamation.

Every hurt, lost note.

Every word so delicately placed,

encased in a world

of metaphor and tone.

 

I listen to every word.

Feeling the soft breath

on my cheeks,

as you delicately speak,

I feel the heat flow

from charred lips,

into my ears where

the words will sit.

 

Under 

whisked egg-white 

clouds

and soft-boiled 

yolk 

yellow sun

I listen to your tales

so majestically spun

and I wished our two tales

could become one.

Those twin frayed threads

could entwine,

I'm a frayed knot of love

so beautiful and divine.

We could walk or run

through the green grass,

cracking the sun.

Letting its colours

seep into everyone.

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelling

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *