Monday 12 June 2023

Travel bag

 


On my back I wear

my travel bag,

filled with new hope,

a laptop, and the prayer

of regaining my life,

a little piece at a time.

I watch as the bus pulls in,

big cheesy grin

painted on its back.

As if laughing

at my hopes of a future.

 

As we pull away, I drift

into a daydream journey.

Watching the clouds,

like I've never done before,

seeing each drop of rain

in a brief

summer shower downpour.

Along the aisle a woman spouts

out a grunted snore, and I'm back

on the bus for now.

 

The fields so vibrant, colours blinding,

bright greens tie dyed

with oranges, yellows and feint reds.

The blue of the sky

seeping in around the edges.

Until now I'd been locked

in my own mental hell,

a prison cell without a door,

I could have walked out at any time, sure

but my heart couldn’t face the world,

so, it sat in its own drizzly downpour.

 

Then we arrived

in that famed city.

Where streets are gold,

every story has been told,

and I let my feet

start to pace around.

To find my place in life,

a new life to embrace,

to chase these dreams of mine.

To make the future shine

instead of grimly 

staining my vision,

and I started to write it all down

a line at a time.


 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelliung

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *