Thursday 8 June 2023

All at sea.

 


The debris

of sunken relationships

drifts through

the oceans of my mind.

Currents of discontent

bubbling under the nervous

rippling

reflective mirror surface,

as I cling

to a piece of driftwood,

all at sea.

Just me.

Alone.

An island

in the open

ocean of love,

faded into antiquity.

 

Driftwood bobbles under

the waves of hurt,

as they spray over

my lifeless floating shell.

The rumble of water rushing,

the crushing pressure

of the depths, 

as I sink,

dseeper.

into the darkened lair

of the undersea creature.

I don't need to breathe.

This is all wrong.

I'm down deep

and yet my lungs are full,

Not drowning,

nor screaming for air.

 

In this abyss

of lovelessness,

I try to swim,

My feet swing,

My arms pulling

the water around.

I don't know if I'm

going up or down..

Bubbles fill the water

like disco lights

In a crowded club

on a Saturday night,

as I swim with all my might,

just to catch a glimpse of the sunlight,

so, I can escape my plight.

 

In these darkened depths I swim,

velvet soft water against skin,

Makes me feel free again.

The fight to survive kicks in.

I thrash my legs,

like running up a stairway

towards the heights.

Beaming spotlight, ripples overhead,

scanning the surface

of this inky graveyard.

where ships lay broken and dead.

I lift my head

and break through the mirror,

as the lifeboats

catch me in their light.

They throw

a float to hold on to.

Another chance

at this thing called life.

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelliung

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *