Saturday 10 June 2023

Sound of the tunnels

 


As I turned the corner

you faded onto the night

like the closing doors

of the tube train carriage.

You were

flowing away under

the city,

I was standing

waiting,

watching

the currents

of train rivers.

 

Like a bass tuned too deep,

my inaudible weeps

creep and mingle with

the sound of the underground.

Seeping into brittle bones.

I sit beside the tracks,

on the platform throne,

eyes to the ground,

no crown to own.

Nowhere to go.

Just a lone traveller

in a city with nowhere to turn.

 

Eyes glazed

with salty tears,

blur the vision,

trains smear

 through the dark.

like oil on a canvas,

a work of art.

Colour and texture,

painted onto black.

Blending

like the bending

sounds of the tunnels

echoing back.

A dull echo.

A feint hello

or one final goodbye,

who knows?

 

I wipe away the tear,

remembering the kiss

that brought me here.

Led by dreams,

I let myself blend

into the moonlight

like the bending

sounds

of the underground,

echoing

through the night.

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelliung

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *