Wednesday 28 June 2023

Wet hair

 

Your wet hair hangs

like a noose inviting me

to seal my fate.

The way it lays so perfectly

over your shoulder blades,

like a necklace, alluring.

I'm falling

like the trapdoor

has been opened

from underneath me.

 

My vision blurred

from the steam in the air,

Dreamily it embraces me in its care

and it's like I'm floating

on the river Styx,

guided by the bony hand.

I'm led to a new land.

A soft open sandscape of beauty.

I'm dazed. Trapped. All I can do is gaze

across the beauty in every windswept dune

like I'm seeing waves of eternity

whispering under a bright full moon.

 

The way you stand,

like a goddess or high priestess,

I'm down on my knees,

worshipping the ground beneath your feet

as the blade of your guillotine wit

cuts me down in my prime.

I'm transfixed by your beauty

and the spark that hits

is brighter than the sun when its lit.

 

I look over the vast rivers and canyons,

landscapes to lost gardens,

caverns of treasure and lost moments.

I see the beauty

and all I want is to explore.

Crawl through the undergrowth of a forest floor,

drift across mountains like a soft gentle wind,

dive into the waters that pour

from waterfalls of forever more.

 

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelling

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *