Tuesday 27 June 2023

Stereo World



The world outside

swirling all around.

I pull the headphones over my ears,

noise cancelling,

to drown out the sounds

and in an instant

I'm drifted to a different time.

Circa 1999.

19 years old,

living the life.

Nothing I could want,

no strife.

Just ethereal space songs

playing

as I stride alone,

down the city streets

at night.

 

I listen to the rumbling bass

as I see a man chase another man,

taking a punch to the face.

I step to the side,

let the beats play

on my stereo headphone hideaway.

I see beggars, pleading,

Clubbers feeding

on McDonalds to soak up

the oncoming flood

but in my little world all is good.

I float along on the winds of a song,

feet barely feeling the concrete

as outside, life stumbles along.

 

I see the world playing through

a soundtrack, a backbeat that

makes it all seem magical.

The tragedy and the chemistry.

Love and hate entwined

in a dance of lovers, I hear the notes of a piano

A delicate tone. Building into a crescendo.

Outside my sound window

the world carries on, as if I'm not a spectator

as if I'm in a different universe.

A cosmic watcher,

looking at the world

through a sheet of clear paper.

 

I feel the echoing chorus lines,

the harmonies sung

tantalisingly divine.

I walk along the same pathway

I have walked so many times.

The same faces fading

into the shadows beside mine

and then I take off the headphones.

The world erupts.

A rush of sounds, chaotic and wonderful.

Bruisingly beautiful. The true sounds

of the city bleeding through

and I feel them

and I feed.

Loving the chemistry,

the mystical energy.

The sound that the city breathes.

 

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelling

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *