Tuesday 13 June 2023

Unravel

 


Dark lonely skies bask

over sleepless eyes.

Lost sighs cackle through dry lips.

Smiles long faded, no longer dazzle.

A lone strike of lightning

and the sound of thunder rips.

 

A bleak night,

pitch black, the clocks tick.

The echoing tock sings back

and over my head, a cloud.

Crowded thoughts

shouting too loud.

 

Foreboding forest of the night,

I hear the footsteps creeping through,

twigs and branches snapping,

saplings hiding from the view.

I hear the wind rushing,

the rustling leaves crackle.

Another strike of thunder

and the sky starts to rattle

 

Inky void, I hear your voice

I hear the chorus. the darkness applauds.

I feel the tingle of static buzz,

I hear the hum of the electricity rush

between my ears

and fear sits with me here.

In the darkness, I feel its hands.

Tightly icy fingers entwine with mine.

A shiver down my spine

as my mind starts to unravel,

a single thread at a time.

 

 

 

 


Thanks for reading

Endless Nightmares out now

300 pages of horror themed poetic storytelliung

 https://amzn.to/42H2OGw

Please take a look at my previous collection "Torn Pages"

100+ all new poems not shared here before.

https://tinyurl.com/KCtornpages

Please follow the link for my books, videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love and Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *