Friday 3 November 2023

A diamond and a joker

 


Where did you go?

I wonder did you know

that through the windows of your soul,

deep inside that heart,

a safe that you kept many fragments

of hurt locked within,

I saw beneath. I saw forever in you.

Did you know that you made me feel

for the only time in my life?

Wherever the moon followed I would race.

Did you know that I was cursed to feel hollowed. 

That lies would see the lines of my dreams swallowed

Cursed to forever see your face

like someone had taken a permanent marker

and scrawled it on the moon.

 

Did you know

that I stopped believing in love?

That it wasn't meant to be.

Not part of my story,

from this moment on, love wasn't for me.

I stopped feeling the wind blow,

I didn't notice the way flowers would grow.

I stopped tasting the sweet dew of life on my lips.

A pieced of me had slipped

between the cracks on the universal pathway.

The sign said give way.

So, I stopped and let life flow away.

It's easy to say, that memories fade,

that hearts mend,

but what if you see a memory

in the way a tree bends,

It's harder to mend the mind

that sees the world through eyes of tormented seas.

 

We fanned flames

provoking that desire within,

a fire that shouldn't be burning,

but sometimes you need 

to let the heat touch your skin,

and to not love, when love is all I hold inside,

would make me a lie of a man.

For a brief time, those two hearts, aflutter,

burned brighter than the sun.

To see if the cracks in the walls

of reality would really shatter.

Powering the earth's turn for everyone.

It was a non-starter in the long run,

We were too different like a diamond and a joker,

two cards in an almost infinite deck.

We played our hands. Watched leaves fall.

Kindling for a hot wakeup call

and I'd never change it,

because love sometimes has to be a part of the story after all

Even if in the end that love leaves you 

with an empty hand, and no cards to shuffle.

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *