Tuesday 28 November 2023

That worm of self-doubt

 


That worm of self-doubt

digs itself right through my brain,

Chewing up my thoughts

and spitting out

negatives again.

The shopping bag I carry,

declaring that every little helps,

is overflowing with questions

and unanswered yelps.

 

My anxiety holds on tightly to me.

Talks to me nightly.

I am in fright you see,

not of flighty fiends

but of my own torn dreams,

the ones that only

make sense at the seams.

Am I doing this right?

Is this train of thought

the right one to alight?

 

The flittering doubt now flies

around my chest.

Tickling my heart,

making it skip beats in protest.

Though the heart beats harder

to keep itself alive,

it shares its love far and wide.

 

My doubt climbs up my spine,

now with jittery insect feet.

It changes all of the time.

It makes my limbs

feel shivery and weak.

It reaches my vocal cords,

makes it harder to speak

but I force the air through.

It’s all I can do.

Make my words sing

to all of you.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *